Energy & Water Investments

After many years implementing power and utilities projects for partners throughout the region, we are now investing in our own projects. We handle all engineering, procurement and construction in-house and ensure that customers and end users benefit from the rigorous attention to quality and service that are the hallmarks of the Elsewedy brand. Our power generation projects division has so far commissioned 193 MW of clean energy are in Egypt & Greece.

We offer customers two models:

  • EPC projects

    A complete start-to-finish turnkey solution that covers equipment, balance of plant (BOP), transportation, installation, all civil works and electrical BOP work.

    • EPC by tender
    • EPC by direct negotiation with government
    • EPC by direct negotiation with private enterprises

     

  • IPP or IWPP/PPP projects

    This model applies to independent power producers (IPPs) and independent water and power producers (IWPPs) who own power/water facilities and have the capability to sell to utilities and end users. IPPs may be private corporations, cooperatives or non-energy companies capable of feeding excess energy into the system. There are 7 possible pathways:

    • IPP tender
    • PPP tender
    • IPP through partnership with developers
    • PPP through partnership with government
    • Brownfield acquisition of pre-existing projects
    • Greenfield investment (within parameters set out by legislation)
    • Greenfield investment (through direct negotiation)
Projects

The world’s largest solar park in Benban, Egypt 

With EDF Renewables we have developed, financed, built, and now own and operate 2x65 MWp projects in Aswan, 830 kms south of Cairo. The 290 GWh of electricity will power over 140,000 households and save 120,000 tons of CO2 a year. Developed as part of the Egyptian government’s Renewable Energies Feed-in-Tariff program, the US$140 million projects were financed with US$ 111 million from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and the Groupe Agence Française de Développement (AFD). We will supply green energy to the Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company (EETC), under a 25-year power purchase agreement (PPA). 

€55 million of renewable energy assets, Greece 

We are acquiring three wind and one hydro-electric energy company in the Greek regions of Argolida, Arcadia, Macedonia and Achaia. The assets have a total capacity of 63.6 MW and will generate enough power for 34,000 homes. The project is 75% funded by the National Bank of Greece, with the remaining 25% to be paid in equity.

The wind parks use Vestas Wind Turbine Generators and are operated and maintained by Vestas. All the energy produced by the wind parks and hydro park will be purchased by energy company DAPEEP on a fixed tariff under a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA).

Request Service

MAKE A QUERY